May 28, 2012
After I recently moved all my local software project’s repos into my Google Drive folder I started
to notice problems with some of my Vim plug-ins. The problems were due to the fact that the Google
Drive folder has a space in it. So instead of doing what a good person should probably do and figure
out why Vim wasn’t escaping the space in the folder name I tried to just remove the space. A quick
scan of Google Drive preferences didn’t show any signs of the ability to change the folder name and
when I tried to rename it in Finder I got an error. It turns out you just have to close the Google
Drive app and then rename it.
April 10, 2012
When packaging my Vagrant virtual environment (Ubuntu server with a host-only
network) to a box file I ran into a problem. The issue was that when I tried to use that box file the
host-only network would not work.
With a little investigating I realized the problem was caused by the device name for the network
eth2 instead of
eth1. Vagrant uses
eth1 in the host-only network interface
defined in the
/etc/network/interfaces file. Since
eth1 network interface doesn’t
exist (it is
eth2) our host-only network does not work.
March 24, 2012
Well it’s official, I’m starting to blog again. Recently I have been getting back into web
development and in turn spending a lot of time researching and testing new technologies. I have been
away from web development for under a year (I’ve been more focused on the Dev and DevOps of my
company’s cross-platform mobile apps for the last 11-months) and its amazing how much new cool shit
is out. That includes the blogging framework Octopress 2.0 I am using for this site.